Essential Microsoft Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
At Pendello Solutions, we live by the motto, "do it right the first time and only do it once." Doing it the right way never means cutting corners, although it does mean doing it in the most efficient fashion possible. Many think that the only way to maneuver through Microsoft Outlook is either with a touchscreen or a mouse. If we work this way, we may be missing out on a step towards efficiency. This month, Pendello Solutions will be highlighting the not very well-known keyboard shortcuts to Microsoft Outlook.
Since we have entered the final few weeks of December, our focus is efficiency as we all need a bit more time added to our schedules. Today we look at basic Microsoft commands. Below you will learn the shortcuts for Creating items within Outlook and a few other basic ones that we felt we should introduce. These shortcuts may not come fluidly at first, but they can save you time and headaches while working within Outlook with practice. As a guide, if you need to press the keys simultaneously, the commands will be separated by a "+" whereas if you need to press the buttons sequentially, the commands will be separated by a ",".
- Create an appointment: Ctrl+Shift+A
- Create a contact: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Create a contact group: Ctrl+Shift+L
- Create a message: Ctrl+Shift+M
- Create a folder: Ctrl+Shift+E
- Create a note: Ctrl+Shift+N
- Create a task: Ctrl+Shift+K
- Create a fax: Ctrl+Shift+X
- Create a meeting request: Ctrl+Shift+Q
- Create an Office Document: Ctrl+Shift+H
- Save: Ctrl+S or Shift+F12
- Save and Close: Alt+S
- Undo: Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace
- Delete an item: Ctrl+D
- Print: Ctrl+P
- Copy an item: Ctrl+Shift+Y
- Move an item: Ctrl+Shift+V
- Check spelling: F7
Most of us inevitably use Microsoft Office daily, so we at Pendello hope you will try at least a few of these shortcuts. Our goal for you is that they will shave off some time and headache while working in the applications with a little practice. If you enjoy saving time and doing things efficiently, contact our team at Pendello Solutions and let us help you make your office more efficient and secure.