Essential Microsoft Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
We at Pendello Solutions live by the motto, “do it right the first time and only do it once.” Doing it the right way will always mean not cutting corners although it also means doing it in the most efficient fashion possible. Many think that the only way to maneuver through Microsoft Outlook is either with a touchscreen or with a mouse and because of this, we may be missing out on a step towards efficiency. This month, Pendello will be highlighting the not very well known keyboard shortcuts to Microsoft Outlook.
This week’s focus will be on Mail and the shortcuts within. These shortcuts may not come fluidly at first but with practice, can save you time and headaches while working within Outlook. As a guide, if you need to press the buttons simultaneously the commands will be separated by a "+" whereas if you need to sequentially press the buttons, the commands will be separated by a ",".
- Send a message: Alt+S or Ctrl+Enter
- Reply to a message: Ctrl+R
- Reply All to a message: Ctrl+Shift+R
- Reply with a meeting request: Ctrl+Alt+R
- Forward a message: Ctrl+F
- Forward as an attachment: Ctrl+Alt+F
- Mark a message as not junk: Ctrl+Alt+J
- Create a message (in mail view): Ctrl+N
- Create a message (in any Outlook view): Ctrl+Shift+M
- Open a received message: Ctrl+O
- Delete and ignore a conversation: Ctrl+Shift+D
- Mark as read: Ctrl+Q
- Mark as unread: Ctrl+U
- Post to a folder: Ctrl+Shift+F
We at Pendello challenge you try these shortcuts out to see if they help make your time in Outlook more efficient! Our team of Business Technology Associates are experts on shortcuts, but not cutting corners, so reach out to our team for help learning more about secure business efficiencies!