Essential Microsoft Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
We at Pendello Solutions live by the motto, “do it right the first time and only do it once.” Doing it the right way never means cutting corners although it does mean doing it in the most efficient fashion possible. Many think that the only way to maneuver through Microsoft Outlook is either with a touchscreen or with a mouse and because of this, we may be missing out on a step towards efficiency. This month, Pendello Solutions will be highlighting the not very well known keyboard shortcuts to Microsoft Outlook.
For the final week in February, our focus is on basic Microsoft commands that we did not cover in the earlier blogs this month. Below you will learn the shortcuts for Creating items within Outlook and a few other basic ones that we felt we should introduce. These shortcuts, like many other tasks we try for the first time, may not come fluidly at first but with practice, can save you time and headaches while working within Outlook. As a guide, if you need to press the keys simultaneously the commands will be separated by a "+" whereas if you need to sequentially press the buttons, the commands will be separated by a ",".
- Create an appointment: Ctrl+Shift+A
- Create a contact: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Create a contact group: Ctrl+Shift+L
- Create a message: Ctrl+Shift+M
- Create a folder: Ctrl+Shift+E
- Create a note: Ctrl+Shift+N
- Create a task: Ctrl+Shift+K
- Create a fax: Ctrl+Shift+X
- Create a meeting request: Ctrl+Shift+Q
- Create an Office Document: Ctrl+Shift+H
- Save: Ctrl+S or Shift+F12
- Save and Close: Alt+S
- Undo: Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace
- Delete an item: Ctrl+D
- Print: Ctrl+P
- Copy an item: Ctrl+Shift+Y
- Move an item: Ctrl+Shift+V
- Check spelling: F7
It is inevitable that most of us use Microsoft Office on a daily basis so we at Pendello hope you will try at least a few of these shortcuts. Our goal for you is that will a little practice, they will shave off some time and headache while working in the applications. If you enjoy saving time and doing things efficiently contact our team at Pendello Solutions and let us help you make your office more efficient and secure.